Saturday, September 17, 2011

Beginning a quilt for Maggie

While I was pregnant with Maggie, Beccy picked out some fabric for me to use to make a new quilt for Maggie's bedroom.  I had told her that I was thinking of lavender and yellow.  When I arrived at Beccy's house she had a stack of beautiful fabric waiting for me.  I then picked out a pattern to use up the fabric.  It was the first time I have picked out a pattern after the fabric was already chosen and I found it a challenge.  I picked out a tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts called "The Future's So Bright."  However, I keep going back and forth in my mind about whether it will turn out great or be a complete mess.  I guess I will have to keep putting everything together in order to find out.  This quilt will be my first quilt set on point and I love learning something new with each quilt I make.  

   So far, I have cut out all of the pieces for the top and have sewed the setting squares as well as the smaller purple 4 patch squares.  This week, while Greg is gone, I hope to complete the purple blocks and start on the yellow 4 patch squares.
setting blocks

small purple 4 patches

1 comment:

  1. I think it has potential to be a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete